08-29-09

I had been in Port Orford for 3 weeks and was feeling right at home.
Corey and I up-graded Sharron’s sewer pipes and built a couch in trailer # 10.
Corey, Trinity, Sebastian and I went to the west beach. The geode that Corey had been anxiously awaiting to dig up with a screw driver turned out to be a tree root. We climbed on the rocks. The waves put on a show that rivaled the pyrotechnics at the 3rd Kiss Retirement Tour finally.
Andrew hadn’t been going with us lately. He’s been spending a great deal of time with Jutta, an odd, yet oddly fascinating relationship.
I managed to put down the binoculars and shave my face. I hadn’t shaved since I got to Port Orford. Once in a life a guy has to grow a beard. It was horrible, like claustrophobic fur on your face that you can’t get a break from. It did work well for deflecting sand off my face in the wind on the beach and it seemed to feel right while eating cold baked beans from a can, but I was glad to shave it off.
I didn’t recognize myself with it, but it had been long enough that I didn’t recognize myself when I shaved it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment