08-17-09

We were expecting to do a lot of work quickly to trailer #9 before Jutta, the new tenant arrived. We weren’t sure when she would show up and the trailer was still a mess. The toilet had overflowed a few days earlier. We were trying to air it out.
Jutta showed up before I even got outside for the day. Corey managed to talk her into moving into #2 instead. It was a brilliant move that was better for Jutta and bought us time with stinky #9.
Jutta is a wonderful woman. She’s here from North Carolina, her son works near here. She has a thick European accent and laughs a lot. She smudged her place by burning sage and conducting some sort of ritualistic procedure to cleanse it from negative energy. I’m going to have her over for coffee and to smudge my place and me. I guess I need to be smudged first.
Jutta really brightens up the neighborhood. When I got here there were four open trailers, right now they are all full. A man showed up and happily rented stinky #9 as is. He’s going to clean it up, so now we don’t have to. My neighbors are moving out in a few days then we’ll have to clean their trailer. I’ll be glad when they’re gone. I hear this mysterious pumping sound late at night. I thought I was over hearing their trailer literally rocking in a moment of trailer park bliss, but then I heard the mundane conversation of several adults. What are they pumping!
I watered the plants and Jutta came out and pointed out; sage, rosemary, thyme, strawberries and other plants. She loves to garden and is going to grow some things.
I weed whacked in the windy dustbowl then went for a bike ride. I rode back up to the heads to go down the other trail. It’s only a mile, but it’s straight up for half a mile. At the park it’s a narrow concrete block path through thick trees, moss and ferns. Then it opens up to spectacular views of the Pacific. I rode down the hill and viewed from the south head. There’s a bench there. It’s location probably makes it one of the best benches in the world. I sat for awhile, then traded it with two gentlemen who came down the path. I rode back down the other trail that I had ridden before. It was such a beautiful ride again that I decided I must figure out how to mount my camera on my bike and tape it.
I coasted home, fast down the hill, excited to get to work on my bike camera mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment