08-09-09

After driving almost exclusively for a few days I had a mental list of rattles and things that needed to be screwed in, or glued down. I spent much of the morning working on simple fix-it jobs around the bus. It was nice to have TV and the microwave whenever I wanted to use them and good water pressure. I set the clocks on the microwave and my clock radio for the first time in over a month. I need to figure out a way to secure my Bose Wave Radio. I found it on the floor after the last long day of driving. I’m not sure which bump sent it flying off of the shelf, but I’m sure glad it still works.
We messed with my leveling jacks a bit. The left rear jack goes to the ground and stops. I think I need some more hydraulic fluid and to bleed the line. The hardware store is closed Sunday, so I put the project on hold. Maybe I’ll just drive it up on boards again.
Corey took me for a bike ride by the Port Orford Heads. They’re huge rocky cliffs sticking out into the ocean. The beach goes on for miles up and down the coast. It was about 68 degrees and sunny with a strong breeze coming off of the ocean.
Later I went for another bike ride to explore the town. I wound up down on the port. It’s a unique port where they lift each boat out of the water with a crane. I was excited to find a run down fish shack restaurant right on the pier. I bet they have good sea food.
That night we went on a drive south down the coast and watched the sun set over the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment