08-08-09

I picked up some supplies before heading to Port Orford about an hour south. The drive was pleasant. More scenic coast line and forest mountains. One hour seemed really short compared to how much I had been driving lately.
I found where Corey was staying, just one block off of the 101. It’s a gravel city lot with room for ten trailers. Six of the spaces have small travel trailers that the park rents out on a month to month basis, the other spaces are for RVs. Corey is the on site manager and is letting me have a space if I help him work. The park is a bit run down. He’s in the process fixing things and cleaned it up.
I get full hook-ups, including cable and the cell/internet signal is strong.
Port Orford is quiet and small, about 1000 people. There aren’t many businesses, but everything you really need is here, grocery store, hardware store, gas station and a few interesting looking restaurants.
The location is excellent. The Port Orford Heads and ocean are 3/4 of a mile away to the west and Port Orford Port and the beach is just a couple of blocks to the south.
I’m looking forward riding my bike and exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment