08-18-09

When I opened the windshield curtains there were four turkeys running around the RV park. They were wild turkeys. I learned later from Corey that they are, “domestic, wild turkeys“, an oxi-moron, but it makes since. They live just down the block.
After getting some house work done I was able to focus on my bike camera mount. I was hoping to simply put a bolt through a bracket that I had for a handlebar light. I needed the right size bolt to fit the hole in the camera for the tripod mount, so when Corey wanted to go to the hardware store I was more than willing. I got a couple of different length bolts and a few nuts and wing nuts. I wanted not only to make the planned mount, but also to have some spare parts to improvise with in the future. When I saw how easily various bolts fit into the camera I got excited about all the possibilities. “I could bolt my camera to almost anything with a hole” I thought. I splurged on parts and my bill was still only $1.17.
Much like my bus dash cam, the bike cam mount virtually built itself. When I took apart the bracket for the light it had a pocket in it that perfectly fit the head of the bolt I wanted to use. I drilled one hole in the soft plastic and the bolt slipped right in. The camera mounts tightly to the bracket and the bracket mounts tightly to the handlebar. The wrist lanyard makes a good safety rope. I can even adjust the pan and tilt.
I headed up the steep hill to the Port Orford Heads, the fairy tail ride that inspired the bike cam.
Please watch my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment