08-04-09

Before leaving Cody I stopped at an RV park to dump and fill my water tanks. The office door was locked, so I figured I‘d get started and pay when done. Usually they’ll let you dump and fill for $5, or $10.
The road leaned toward the dump station, so I tried a reverse dump and fill. I pulled in with my hook-ups on the wrong side, then ran the hoses underneath the bus. I was surprised to find the sewer hose reached. By filling leaning away from the station I’m able to fill the tank completely and take on more water, as I learned in Red Lodge. When I was done I left. Oops, I forgot to pay. I miss Trinity, but there are some perks, she never would have let me “forget” to pay.
I love to drink coffee and drive. The problem is that the more coffee I drink, the more bathroom breaks I need. Driving when you have to go can be torture, so I generally don’t get to enjoy too much coffee. One thing nice about traveling in a motorhome is that I can drink coffee and when I need a break I just pull over and use my bathroom.
The drive to Yellowstone was beautiful. It still blew my mind that I was on the same US Highway 14 that I knew so well in Minnesota.
I drove from Cody to Yellowstone, then south through Yellowstone to the Grand Teton National Park, then to Jackson, then west into Idaho. I saw a fox right on the side of the road in Yellowstone. The roads were steep, narrow, windy, busy and had a lot of road construction. I went up and down 10% grade between Jackson and Idaho. I averaged 30mph. I find I’m steering the motorhome by where my Jeep is in the rear view monitor. If it’s centered in the lane I’m good. It was a tedious drive, but fun. Definitely worth the stunning scenery.
Please watch my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment