08-20-09

Thick fog in the morning gave way to a sunny sky. Corey and I rode our bikes to Paradise Point. I had seen “Paradise Point Road” heading toward the ocean and wanted to check it out. They got the “paradise” part right. It’s a long, soft sandy beach with big waves. There’s no “point”, but that’s not nearly as important as the “paradise“ part. We hung out there for awhile, digging in the sand and checking out rocks, agates, shells and driftwood. The sand was soft, like walking on a moist sponge cake.
Back at home a got a lot of small chores done, watered my plants, did my dishes, clipped my toe nails, etc.
I finally washed my Jeep. It was the dirtiest it had ever been after pulling it half way across the country, over the mountains and through the woods. One set of road construction over a mountain chipped my windshield twenty times with hundreds of pock marks and chipped both head lights. I’d been wanting to wash it since I got to Port Orford, but hadn’t been able to find a car wash in the small town. Corey said I could wash it at the park with a hose. It was good to get it clean and I did a few other odds and ends. I pumped up the basketball that holds up my busted driver seat and keeps it from reclining. It had gone unusually flat. I think it’s from the air pressure changes from driving over the mountains. Either it just lost it’s air, or it popped. Time will tell.
I put a small piece of scotch tape over each headlight hole. They still worked, but had holes clean through the glass. I figured this will at least keep moister out. That evening Corey and I drove south on the 101 to watch the sunset. When we were stopped at a pull-off I notice the headlights were fogged up. The scotch tape had trapped moister IN the light. I took off the tape and drove home with the lights on to try to dry them out. Once they’re dry I’ll reapply the tape.
I grilled salmon, shrimp skewers and potatoes with black beans. It’s a drought here so I have to be careful not to light the grass on fire with my metal charcoal lighter. The gopher mound in my yard is the perfect shape, size and location. Thanks gopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment