09-06-09

One of the domestic, wild turkeys was wandering around the RV park. This is normal and most people are used to it. I’ve seen it a few times, so I’m mildly used to it to. I went out and talked with the turkey a bit. It was obviously used to human interaction and actually came over toward me. When I got too close it flapped its wings, squawked and jumped back. I went inside to point the turkey out to Sebastian. I knew he’d think it was a big deal. He did and barked and barked.
Trinity, Sebastian and I went to climb Battle Rock at the city beach. It’s an easy climb, but there is potential for danger. I had on my trusty hiking flip flops. Not good hiking gear, but I had inadvertently wound up in rough terrain with them several times and was now confident in their climbing ability. Its steep getting up, then there are drop-offs on three sides into the ocean. The view is spectacular. To the left is the beach, to the right is the port, forward faces south into the Pacific.
After we climbed around on Battle rock we played on the beach. I rolled up my pants and carried my flip flops so I could run in the surf. When the waves would go out I’d run far out and get Sebastian to follow me. He loves to run out, but turns and runs from the crashing waves. We ran up and down the beach chasing each other. He was very excited. It was super fun and a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment