09-01-09

Trinity went for a walk, picked wild blackberries and made black and blue berry and vanilla custard French toast. It was delectable.
Corey and worked on trailer #10. The new tenant would be arriving later in the day. We packed up left-over lumber from the bench Corey built and started the water heater.
I got my road bike out so I could ride it and Trinity could ride my mountain bike. We rode with Corey to the beach. It was fun to have all three of us on bikes.
Corey was out of town when Rita, the new tenant, showed up in the evening so I greeted her and let her in her trailer. The trailer was dark. I flipped a light switch and nothing happened. I flipped another…nothing. I tried a third, still no light. It was a bad first impression, fortunately the forth switch made light. Rita was a petite older woman. She was wearing a small t-shirt and was visibly shivering. It was cold. I had no idea how to turn on the heater, or even if the trailer had one. There were no window coverings. With the one light working it made the trailer light up like a fish tank. I felt bad, but there wasn’t anything I could do. Rita seemed happy though, so I left her to settle in.
I went back to the bus and tried to finish a movie with Trinity. Corey lent us his DVDs. He has a lot, but some of them have been used pretty hard and are scratched. For the second night in a row the movie began to break up and stopped right when it was getting good. Some might blame this on some sort of Murphy’s Law, or a coincidence, but it’s not. The good movies have simply been used more because they’re the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment