09-05-09

It rained steadily all night. It was the kind of rain that didn’t change in intensity, like it would never change or let up. Both of my bikes were out in the rain, along with some shoes and cloths that were supposed to be drying. The rain did let up mid morning and I was able to dry off my road bike and stow in an underneath bus compartment. I dried off my mountain bike, lubed it and made a cover for it out of an industrial strength garbage bag. I wanted to leave it out, so it’s handy, but it looked like it might rain more.
Trinity and I went for a hike in the drizzle up at the heads. There were a couple of trails I hadn’t seen yet. It was like a tropical jungle with wet leaves, moss and ferns. There was fog drifting through the air and the ocean waves crashed far below. We saw several snails as big as golf balls sliding their way along. The good thing about snails is that they can’t get away fast and you have plenty of time to get a good picture. We saw chipmunks and squirrels and a slug the size of a Twinkie. I thought it was leaf. Then it started to move. It left a thick slime trail in its wake. I didn’t know slugs got to be that big. It added to the whole Alice in Wonderland feel of the forest.
Trinity and I went to the movie at the Savoy Theater…THE movie. They get a new movie each Friday. It plays everyday at 7:00pm, plus matinees Friday thru Sunday. This week’s movie was “The Ugly Truth” a textbook example of a predictable romantic comedy. It was funny at least and it was nice to have some social interaction. The theatre is bright, cheerful and on the same block as the RV park. I’d like to go each week. I find it simple, old fashioned and somehow romantically quaint to wait for and go see “the new movie” each week.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great hike.
    We have a theater in Wells just like that. They just raised the price to $3 to get in. They do serve Twinkie-sized slugs for $1.50......

    ReplyDelete