09-13-09

Favre debuted in his first real game as a Minnesota Viking at 10:00am. Due to the hoopla surrounding Favre the game was on national TV and broadcast here.
I’m used to football starting at noon and 3:00pm back home in the Central Time Zone. I remember noon feeling a bit early for beer in the past. With the 10:00am kick-off I had to start with lite beer…and eggs. I made my eggs a bit firmer than usual in fear that runny yokes and beer might not sit quite right.
Corey barricaded himself inside his place to watch the game on his new TV. He left me in charge of the park so he wouldn’t be disturbed, but no one bothered me.
Trinity and I drove to Cape Blanco Light House. We’d been there before, but I wanted to take the $2 tour that allows you to climb to the top of the light house. The tour was well worth $2. The volunteer tour guides were fun and informative. A husband and wife team conducted the tour. He was on the main floor, she was up by the light. The view was obviously impressive. Cape Blanco is the western most part of Oregon. It sticks out about 6 miles into the Pacific. The light was a worthy focal point all on its own. It’s about 6 feet tall, crystal, old and constantly spins around and around.
After the tour we found a trail and hiked for a couple of miles. When we returned to the car it was gone…or wait, we came out on the wrong trail. We guessed west, walked down the road and found the car.
Since I got to Port Orford I’d wanted to eat at a seafood restaurant that I’d seen on the port. We went to Griff’s on the Dock. It is literally on the Port at Port Orford. It’s a small fish market and restaurant. The food and ambiance was exactly what I’d hoped. I’ve found the best seafood comes out off old shacks right on the water-front and had been searching for this exact scenario.
I had the Fish and Prawns. It was so good I almost teared up. I’ve paid twice the price for fish that was only half as good. Trinity had the Fish and Scallops. The scallops were to die for. Even the bottle of Lagunitas IPA from Petaluma, California was exceptional.
We left very happy.

1 comment:

  1. Every day gets better and better. And this one sounds like it was better with butter!
    Love yah!
    N.

    ReplyDelete