09-08-09

I rode my bike past Humbug Mountain, south of Port Orford on the Pacific Coast Highway. The highway runs along the coast, then inland around the back of the mountain. I’d ridden to the mountain before, but wanted to ride past it to where it rejoins the ocean. The road is windy and hilly on the back of the mountain. Often times I was sandwiched between a rock wall on the right and traffic on the left. Thick green trees tower above and over the road. The temperature fluctuates due to shade, sun, altitude, proximity to the ocean and wind. I had gone 10 miles by the time I rejoined the ocean. I turned around, into the wind and headed back home.
I spent some time on the internet looking into potential future plans. I have no ties and am absolutely free to pursue anything, but what to do? I’ve been looking into travel jobs like; working in national parks, tour guide jobs, cruise ship work, working in Australia, teaching English abroad in Thailand and volunteer work. Most of the travel jobs are seasonal and just wrapping up for the summer. I don’t think I want to go abroad yet. I need to embrace the RV life longer. Even though it feels like I’ve been on the road for 2 years, it’s only been 2 months. I’m not looking for money, but I do need enough to stay alive. Some volunteer positions do offer what might be enough money to live off of and the work could be very meaningful. Some jobs look fun, but don’t lead anywhere, or give you any training. Ideally I’d find something that would be a spring-board to something greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment