09-15-09

It was a perfect sunny day. Trinity and I went on a bike ride south on the 101. She rode my mountain bike. I rode my dad’s old Trek road bike that I rebuilt over the winter. I hadn’t ridden it much, so it was good to get on it and give it a good work out. It’s light and fast. I’d been over this path many times now and was able to feel the differences between the mountain bike and road bike. The road bike offered much less resistance. Hills seemed smaller. I got more distance for my energy. Ultimately it inspired me to push hard through the hard spots which eventually wore me out. I cranked out 5 miles then turned around and pumped back into town. It was a quick, but intense ride.
I made chili in the evening. It was the first time I’d made chili since I moved into the bus. I like to let it slowly cook for 10 to 12 hours in my crock pot. This can only be done when I have hook-ups. I could do it without, but would have to run the generator the whole time. The rule is: “no chili without hook-ups“. It should be good ‘n spicy. I put 4 serrano peppers, a can of diced jalapenos, 2 red bell peppers, red habanero sauce, crushed red pepper and plenty of onion and garlic in it. The “chili only with hook-ups” rule is an electrical thing, but may also come in handy later with the sewer hook-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment