07-30-09

It was 42 degrees when I woke up, inside and outside. My bed was nice and warm with many blankets. I managed to force myself out from under the covers, shivered my way to the thermostat and turned on the heater. I had had it on the evening before, but turned it off not expecting it to get that cold.
When the sun came out it heated the outside faster then my furnace heated the inside, so I turned it off and opened up some windows.
I packed up, drove the bus into town to get diesel fuel, then back up the mountain to hitch up the Jeep.
I had thought I would drive over the Beartooth Pass on the second, or third day of my journey. Thirty days later I headed up the mountains.
It was an epic drive through the Custer National Forest into the Beartooth Mountains crossing from Montana into Wyoming. I rose above the tree line to 10,400’. It was cold, there was snow. The road was narrow and windy with steep drop offs. The scenery is indescribable.
Please watch the video I shot from my dash cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment