07-29-09

It kept raining all night. At about 4:00am I started to worry that the river would rise and wash out the bank that my back tires were sitting on. The tires were actually over the peak of the bank and sloping toward the river. I had big rocks chocking the wheels, but thought even those could be washed away. I got up and went outside in the rain to have a look It was dark. The only light was from my flashlight. I shined it in the woods in all directions. It barely pierced through the thick trees. The river was still well out of sight and the rain hadn’t been moving the dirt around the tires. Even still I moved the bus forward 3’ if nothing else for peace of mind.
We went into town in the morning. By afternoon the sun came out. We went on a bike ride and hike by the front creek. There is a creek on both sides of the campground. They join together down the mountain.
Even after the rain had soaked all of the fire wood I was able to make a fire. There was no reason to make a fire, I just wanted to. I was planning on leaving tomorrow and just wanted to enjoy the spot one last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment