07-13-09


I had a great night sleep knowing my new friend was on patrol all night.
I cracked an egg into my frying pan over my LP stovetop. Nothing came out. The egg was frozen. I thought my refrigerator was running warm, but the eggs were touching the cold element, for lack of the proper term. Two eggs were still liquidy enough to cook. Another lesson learned.
A pretty quiet day; I stayed in Billings waiting for my appointment the next day to have my nine electrical problems looked at. In order of appearance; driver’s power window, leveling jack control panel, rear view monitor, trailer break control panel, windshield fans, power step, accessory (cigarette) outlet and last, but most important for heading into the mountains, engine break.
It was nice to sit and relax. I’d been exhausted from the excitement of everything.
I did get a lot of “house-keeping” caught up. I got my first round of unemployment since my extension. I got up at 5:00am to request it right away on line at 6:00am central time. I was relieved that it went through. I called Olmsted Medical Center back home in Rochester and made a payment for my collar bone break services. I used my Health Savings Account credit card that I had built up $2000 of credit while working at KROC radio. I went on-line and set my new Verizon air card account to be paperless.
I tried the shower with the generator running to further my experimenting into the hot/cold torture issue. It seemed better, but at the time I was sitting on blacktop and it was 90 degrees. I was so hot. I kept the shower cold, so the test could probably be considered invalid. I’m sure more scientific testing will come.
I went for a drive around Billings to check out the sites and got lost. By the time I found my way back I was frustrated and just decided to stay home.
I did my dishes, cleaned the toilet and did my toe nails.
My friend Charlie called from Rochester. It was great to hear from him, he’s a funny guy. He is a great friend and offered some very generous assistance if I ever should need it. I’m thankful for modern technology keeping him and others close.

No comments:

Post a Comment