07-22-09

I’m starting to tell time by the sun. My clock radio has no power unless the generator is running. I normally use my phone as a backup, but it doesn’t get a signal and so is turned off. I can roll over and squint from bed at the clock in the front of the bus, but it’s much easier to open one eye, see the angel of the sun in the bedroom window and guess.

I find myself wanting to just sit around out here.
I never seem to find the time to just sit around out here.
There are things I must do before I can just sit around out here.
I don’t ever seem to get those things done because I just keep sitting around out here.

There were only a couple of campers in the area. I walked around scouting unoccupied fire pits for fire wood. I double checked each spot to make sure it wasn’t better than mine. None of them were. They were nice, but I’m in the best spot. I realized why none of the 5th wheel and travel trailers come back into the woods. They don’t have the room to turn them around and back in. It’s tight in the 35’ motorhome, but doable. I pull in and make a tight circle to the left and almost touch Jack’s motor coach nose to nose. He or Beverly is usually right there, just feet away, living room window to living room window. We wave and Jack comes out to guide me back in.
I did get a big pile of wood. I made a fire and we had a S’moregasbord. Yeah that’s right, a gourmet s’more feast with an array of unique chocolate. I made a hoagie with 2 full graham crackers, 4 marshmallows, a full size Recess Peanut Buttercup on one side and chunks of Caramello on the other. Trinity had 2 peanut butter cup s’mores. For some reason a full Take 5 candy bar was missing. It’s empty rapper lay in the carnage that followed S’morgasbord.
Trinity believes that a bear may have broken in and eaten it…or Jack…or Beverly.

No comments:

Post a Comment